Recent renovations have extended our reception area, creating a calm and welcoming entrance to our care home.
The original home was built in 1940 as a nurses’ home and, over the years, has been extended and modernised to form the present care home. Recently, much needed extra space in the dining room has been created to allow easier access for our residents.
We have also enclosed part of the external frontage to provide a much larger reception area. The whole reception area is now a safe, large, welcoming space, and it is planned to develop this into a relaxing area with tables and comfortable chairs for residents and families.
This latest development has improved the appearance of the frontage and provided an unobstructed, level entrance to the house.
The trustees have raised funds from several local charitable trusts and are hopeful to raise more money for a future lounge extension which is now in the planning stage.